Re: Am I overseen ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From brian
Subject Re: Am I overseen ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Lothar Behrens wrote:
> On 18 Okt., 18:22, scott.marl...@gmail.com ("Scott Marlowe") wrote:
>

>>Normally when you get thundering silence, you've asked a question no
>>one feels real qualified to answer, and rather than answer it halfway,
>>they just leave it for the next guy to get.
>

> In my opinion the question was clear. How to alter table if the column
> not already
> inserted of later of given type.

I think Scott meant that if a question--clear or not--is not something
one feels one is qualified to answer, then one generally does not.

In my opinion, though, the question was not clear.

> I know about the systables of postgresql as each other database system
> has - propably :-)
> But I'm not that familar with it.
>
> I need a sample how that is done in plain SQL (i pass the script via
> ODBC to the database).

I don't feel at all qualified to answer this. Sorry.

brian