Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Skytools committed without hackers discussion/review
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Tom Lane wrote:

>>> Uh, it *was* after beta1.
>>>

>> Oh, so it didn't hold up beta1 --- that's good.
>>

> No it's not.
>
> Can somebody please explain to me what beta means if you can commit new
> stuff after it has been declared?

Yeah, I'd like to know that as well. And specifically what kind of stuffit is that's ok...

If nothing else, that'll be good to know for packagers. Due to the
addition of this module we'll have to make code changes that aren't just
bugfixes to the win32 installer for example, which is also in feature
freeze...

//Magnus