Re: windows and pg 8.2 (change database to another server) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Terry Yapt
Subject Re: windows and pg 8.2 (change database to another server)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Magnus and all people...
> And yes, it shoul dbe set on the file and all subdirs. Use the checkbox to
> overwrite all permissions on subdirs, that's the fastest way.
>
> //Magnus

Sorry my delay but I was very busy last week.

In general, giving windows Postgres user Change right do the trick but I
have done a bit of other things too.

I have do a complete delete of all inherited rights and windows-postgres
rights.  After that I have given change right to postgres-windows-user
on data folder and sub-folders and files.  Checking out both checkboxes
on the bottom:  inheritance and follow the tree (I think this is the
right translation).

All is working like a charm now.

Greetings and thanks again.