Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Simon Riggs a écrit :
> It would be great if there was a database-level option so that any new
> indexes would default to using CONCURRENTLY.
>
> This would allow production systems to be changed easily using the
> default of CONCURRENTLY, whereas dev systems won't need that.
>
> If not, can we just have a general default of use concurrent builds?

I would be in favor of a database level option. It would be an
interesting feature for next release. If Dave is OK with this, I will
add this on our todo page.

> Got a crash on Beta5 yesterday while creating indexes, not been able to
> reproduce it. Sorry.

beta5 crashes at the creation of a pkey. It's already fixed on SVN.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org