Re: Ongoing issues with the downloads page - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Ongoing issues with the downloads page
Date
List pgsql-www
Josh Berkus wrote:
> For reporting tools specifically, it should be removed from the
> downloads page and added to the Tools page, or get its own Reporting
> page.  There are too many reporting tools which work with PostgreSQL to
> have it on the main downloads page.
>
> I also question moving the /commercial stuff to a permanent page rather
> than techdocs.  This list of compatible tools is *far* to volatile to
> depend on CVS access to update it.  Please move it back to Techdocs.

Are you talking about the same website as the rest of us Josh? There is
no 'Tools' download page, nor has there ever been as far as I'm aware,
and the Commercial stuff hasn't been moved from Techdocs at all - it's
been there for nearly 3 years as a page in it's own right, started form
scratch.

If we do anything with those pages it will be to remove the general FOSS
stuff from the downloads page and include it, and all the commercial
stuff in a database backed application directory.

/D