Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird feature comparison finished - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird feature comparison finished
Date
Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird feature comparison finished  (Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>)
List pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> I agree with you on the multi-threaded.  I think I will add a note
>> saying the the multi-threaded architecture is only advantageous  on
>> Windows.
>
> And Solaris.

I'm not entirely sure what makes multi-threading be advantageous on a
specific operating system, but I think FreeBSD should be added to that
list as well... They've been bench marking their threading support using
multi-threading in MySQL (not for the db, mind you - just for load ;),
and it performs really well.

--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl