Re: Converting non-null unique idx to pkey - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: Converting non-null unique idx to pkey
Date
List pgsql-general
Ed L. wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 August 2007 1:45 pm, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> If you have a large db in 7.4.6, you should do two things.
>>
>> 1: Update to 7.4.19 or whatever the latest flavor of 7.4 is,
>> right now.  There are a few known data eating bugs in 7.4.6.
>
> Sounds like good advice from a strictly technical viewpoint.
> Unfortunately, in our particular real world, there are also
> political, financial, and resource constraints and impacts from
> downtime that at times outweigh the technical merits of
> upgrading 'right now'.

Since you're setting up replication to another database, you might as
well try replicating to a newer release and swap them around once it's
done. I've seen that method of upgrading mentioned on this list a few times.

--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl

magproductions b.v.