Re: Please no "sale" News items - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Please no "sale" News items
Date
List pgsql-www
Josh Berkus wrote:
> WWW admins,
>
> As much as we might like AM Software, I really don't think the PostgreSQL
> home page is the appropriate place to carry their sale announcements:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.782
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.850
>
> Can we please only take announcements of *new* products from commercial
> vendors?  That was the rule ...

The only rule along those lines that I recall was 'one beta announcement
only' for each major version of a commercial product.

I'm on the fence about this particular issue, but I guess I would side
with you if we started getting lots of these from different companies
(or lots from AM Software).

Regards, Dave