Re: tsearch2 patch status report - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: tsearch2 patch status report
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Merlin Moncure wrote:
> On 8/21/07, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> OTOH, if we do it as a compat package, we need to set a firm end-date on
>> it, so we don't have to maintain it forever. ....
>
> I would suggest making a pgfoundry project...that's what was done with
> userlocks.  I'm pretty certain no one besides me has ever used the
> wrappers I created...a lot more people use tsearch2 than userlocks
> though.

Hmm..  In that case I'd think people should ask if anyone would use
the tsearch2 compatibility layer before even doing pgfoundry.
Speaking for myself, I expect migrating to the core text search
APIs as something we'd do as part of our 8.3 migration even if
such a compatibility layer existed.