Re: Enterprise Wide Deployment - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron Mayer
Subject Re: Enterprise Wide Deployment
Date
List pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On 8/14/07, john_sm <john_smith3853@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hey guys, for an enterprise wide deployment, what will you suggest and why
>> among - Red Hat Linux, Suse Linux and Ubuntu Linux, also, do you think, we
>> can negotiate the support pricing down?
>
> It's more about your skill set and familiarity than whether any one of
> those will work well enough.

One more consideration - consider using one of the distros supported
by your hardware vendor for your model server.   There's nothing more
frustrating than having hardware tech support point fingers at a software
vendor and software tech support point fingers at the hardware vendor.

HP supports Debian, Red Hat, and Novell, at least on servers.  I'm
not sure what they'd do if you call them about Ubuntu or CentOS.