Re: [HACKERS] Re: cvsweb busted (was Re: pgsql: Repair problems occurring when multiple RI updates have to be) - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: cvsweb busted (was Re: pgsql: Repair problems occurring when multiple RI updates have to be)
Date
In response to Re: [HACKERS] Re: cvsweb busted (was Re: pgsql: Repair problems occurring when multiple RI updates have to be)  (Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-committers

Dave Page wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>> I'll try to take a look at the other one as soon as I can, hopefully
>>> this weekend - if you have the docs by then.
>>
>> If you need information, just ask for it ...
>
> Magnus has repeatedly asked you to document it on PMT as we have been
> doing as a matter of course for everything for quite some time now.

+1, even I am following up with the team standard of trying to document
on PMT.

> We're not doing that to be a pita, but to help us run the kind of
> professional infrastructure that the community has come to expect. That
> means everything is documented, systems are built in standard ways
> whereever possible, everything is monitored constantly, and backed up
> left right and center.

+1

> So please help maintain that level of professionalism and document the
> new VM you've built so it can be properly maintained in the future.

As our infrastructure continues to grow this is going to be vital. We
keep getting bigger, and the only way to track this stuff appropriately
is through documentation.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Regards, Dave.