Re: tsearch2 in PostgreSQL 8.3? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: tsearch2 in PostgreSQL 8.3?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> What is the worst consequence of mismatching configuration?  Does it
> cause a system crash?  A backend hang?  A corrupted index?  Lost data?
> Or does it, as I assume, just fail to return the exact result set that
> would be returned if the correct configuration was supplied?

Your assumption is correct.

You can mismatch configurations not just by querying in a wrong
configuration, but also by accidentally storing tsvectors generated with
different configurations in the same column (with no additional column
like Mike Rylander had to tell them apart), but it's still going to lookOK from PostgreSQL's point of view.