Re: Volunteers required - functionality checklist - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Volunteers required - functionality checklist
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Greg Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> The aim here is to dispell the myth that postgres doesn't have
>> replication, so we want something quick and to the point, with the
>> relevant links to get people started that we can feature fairly
>> prominently on the website.
>
> There's now a very rough cut of this information available at
> http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Replication%2C_Clustering%2C_and_Connection_Pooling
> which was basically generated by me dumping all the mailing list threads
> on this subject I've collected into a page.  Been meaning to organize
> all those anyway.

Nice start.

> This is such a giant and specific sore spot for PostgreSQL that I'd
> suggest focusing on it for a bit before wandering off into a more
> general checklist.
>
>> of particular importance here is Replication which should point to a
>> page describing our policy on replication in core
>
> Does that page exist already?

Bar the policy bit I think it's what you've just written (the policy
would seem sensible to include in an introduction).

I'd see this linked from the aforementioned check list, along with any
other useful topic explanations (MVCC springs to mind as another
candidate that many newcomers might not already know about).

Regards, Dave.