Re: Postgresql vs. MySQL page techdocs conversion - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Postgresql vs. MySQL page techdocs conversion
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Greg Smith wrote:
> Following some last-minute improvements from Chris Browne and much
> editing over the weekend, I just finished converting the page at
> http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Why_PostgreSQL_instead_of_MySQL
> to the techdocs site.  As that percolates through the approval process I
> guess it should get added to the "Converting from other Databases to
> PostgreSQL" section, then comes the fun of figuring out how to promote
> it. Except for trivial formatting differences, the content is identical
> on both right now, so if you want to check out the final result you can
> just look at what's on the wiki.

Looks good.

One comment - one paragraph reads:

====
One add-on tool some find useful for exploring the PostgreSQL planner is
Visual Explain, originally a RedHat component that has been kept current
and improved by Enterprise DB. It comes bundled with the EnterpriseDB
Advanced Server package and can be built to run against other PostgreSQL
installations using the source code to their Developer Studio package.
====

For the record, pgAdmin also includes a visual explain tool with similar
capabilities.

Regards, Dave