Re: Postgresql vs. MySQL page techdocs conversion - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: Postgresql vs. MySQL page techdocs conversion
Date
Re: Postgresql vs. MySQL page techdocs conversion  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy

> Greg Smith wrote:
> > Following some last-minute improvements from Chris Browne and much
> > editing over the weekend, I just finished converting the page at
> > http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Why_PostgreSQL_instead_of_MySQL
> > to the techdocs site.  As that percolates through the approval process I
> > guess it should get added to the "Converting from other Databases to
> > PostgreSQL" section, then comes the fun of figuring out how to promote
> > it. Except for trivial formatting differences, the content is identical
> > on both right now, so if you want to check out the final result you can
> > just look at what's on the wiki.

Another minor nitpick ... I noticed references to both 8.2 and 8.1, and it
felt slightly inconsistent to me.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com