Re: Wrote a connect-by feature - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Wrote a connect-by feature
Date
Re: Wrote a connect-by feature  (Bertram Scharpf <lists@bertram-scharpf.de>)
List pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> I believe this patch is an update to the table_funcs contrib module.

I spent 2 minutes looking. It has no Makefile and no comments. It
doesn't use our code conventions either. At that stage I stopped looking.

The author needs to spend some time looking at the developer
documentation and perusing the lists to see what our requirements are if
he wants to be taken seriously. Also, he needs to understand that the
best way to go about such a project is to float ideas first, code later,
not the other way around.

cheers

andrew