Re: [pgsql-www] We need an Advocacy wiki - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] We need an Advocacy wiki
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Decibel! wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 04, 2007 at 04:15:24PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> It's also completely unfair to try and correlate keeping an open wiki
>> clean with doing the same for docs, because unlike docs we've got
>> hundreds of folks who could ensure that the wiki stays clean.
>
> Not to mention cleaning a wiki is as easy as "revert". The real problem
> here is people that don't want to accept what is now common technology
> not only for collaboration but also for public facing pages.

I certainly know it's turning into a common technology for that. The
unstructured nature of it has made it a *lot* harder to find anything on
the homepages of many of the projects that have switched to it. It also
in general makes it impossible to determine what information is official
and what is not.

//Magnus