Re: disk filling up

From: Mark Kirkwood
Subject: Re: disk filling up
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

disk filling up  ("Brandon Shalton", )
 Re: disk filling up  (Bill Moran, )
 Re: disk filling up  (Mark Lewis, )
 Re: disk filling up  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: disk filling up  ("Merlin Moncure", )
   Re: disk filling up  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: disk filling up  ("Merlin Moncure", )
 Re: disk filling up  (Mark Kirkwood, )
  Re: disk filling up  (Yudhvir Singh Sidhu, )

Brandon Shalton wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> My hard disk is filling up in the /base  directory  to where it has
> consumed all 200gig of that drive.
>
> All the posts that i see keep saying move to a bigger drive, but at
> some point a bigger drive would just get consumed.
>
> How can i keep the disk from filling up other than get like a half TB
> setup just to hold the ./base/*  folder

Two things come to mind:

- Vacuum as already mentioned by others.
- Temporary sort files from queries needing to sort massive amounts of data.

But you need to help us out by supplying more info...

Cheers

Mark