Re: 8.3 Release Schedule - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: 8.3 Release Schedule
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]
Ithink going forward we'll need to resign ourselves to the fact that this is going to keep happening, and plan on
spendingmore time in freeze next time round.

> Actually thinking about it, I think we should plan the next cycle based on whatever ends up happening this time - eg.
Aprilfreeze, Aug-Sept beta, Oct release.

I actually would be more inclined to have an even shorter cycle release
next time... e.g. January Freeze. The original idea was sound, make it
so we aren't testing in the middle of summer.

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/