Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL relatedpressrelease - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL relatedpressrelease
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Dave Page wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> If you write a application for EDB, take EDB out and plug in postgres,
>> will that APP run?

> So I think the only real difference is in the enhancements we offer in
> our respective proprietary versions - you offer an integrated
> replication solution, we offer Oracle compatibility.

EDB has made it very clear that EDB is not PostgreSQL but that it is
"based" on postgresql and that EDB is "better" than PostgreSQL.

CMD on the other hand is very clear that our only closed source product
*is* PostgreSQL but it has replication integrated.

Mammoth PostgreSQL + Replication, is 100% pure PostgreSQL with
integrated replication.

In fact one of our other "products" which is PostgreSQL Core, clearly
states that:

PostgreSQL Core is the distribution developed and distributed by the
PostgreSQL.Org community. We are one of the many contributors to this
excellent database software. It is 100% enterprise ready and
commercially supported.

              http://www.commandprompt.com/