Re: script binaries renaming - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: script binaries renaming
Date
List pgsql-patches
Zdenek Kotala wrote:
>> I'm also not sure we really should install copies on win32. Given how
>> seldom these commands are actually used on windows (most people really
>> use pgadmin to do these things).
>
> Postmaster does same thing.

Actually, the win32 distribution only ships postgres.exe, not
postmaster.exe.

>> Also, your patch does not touch the msvc buildsystem, which will still
>> be generating files with the old name.
>
> Hmm. I do not nothing about it :(. I need help there.

Actually, now that I look at it it seems like most of it comes out
automatically from the Makefile parser. We'll just have to test that if
the patch ends up being accepted (as there seems to be some discussion
about that...)

//Magnus