GUI Reporting tools for PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chander Ganesan
Subject GUI Reporting tools for PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I recently got the email below from a customer, can anyone point me to a list of resources?  I did a quick search and
didn't/couldn'tcome up with much....

Might this be a bigger issue...having such tools available (and powerful ones) help to drive adoption...

----------------

Thx for checking in.  We are at a crossroads.  We are thinking of
Bringing in DB2 to procure a better GUI reporting tool that puts out
'prettier' graphic reports. Either COGNOS or IBM'S counterpart DATAQUANT.
It looks like we will continue with postgres on the transactional side
And downloading reportable data to either COGNOS or DATAQUANT. For
Awhile it looked like we would abandon Postgres altogether in favor
Of DB2 but the cost is very high for a company our size.  Since I
Am the only one in the company with any DB2 experience the prevailing
Thought is to 'remain with what got us here' as company-wide DB2 training
Would be very painful.

We are looking primarily at tools allowing the customer to
Access interactive reports through their web browser with the
Ability to do data mining.  Now we just send static reports
Through email.

I think ****** is already looking at Jasper.

We do have DB2 Express in house.  We installed it so that
COGNOS techs could come in and could run a demo.
The memory constraints (4 GB) would
Not be sufficient for what we need to do.

TIA

--
Chander Ganesan
The Open Technology Group