Re: Embedded C++ with ecpg? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jean-David Beyer
Subject Re: Embedded C++ with ecpg?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Tom Lane wrote:
> Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@verizon.net> writes:
>> What is the current status of (pre) compiling Embedded SQL in C++ programs?
>
> I just asked Michael Meskes about that (had you put a support request
> into Red Hat asking this?).

Yes, and Red Hat's answer amounted to no answer at all. They merely repeated
a subset of what I already knew, which is why I placed the support request
in the first place.

> He says
>
> : There are some C++ constructs that ecpg doesn't parse well, but they are
> : not that widely used afaik. Most of the code compiles cleanly. And
> : people used to workaround by just putting the sql part in a different
> : source file where they didn't need those constructs.
> :
> : Some effort has been made to make ecpg C++ compliant, so most should
> : work out of the box.

Thank you. I am glad to hear that. I imagine almost all my C++ constructs
are pretty simple. And most of my SQL ones are, too.

--  .~.  Jean-David Beyer          Registered Linux User 85642. /V\  PGP-Key: 9A2FC99A         Registered Machine
241939./()\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey    http://counter.li.org^^-^^ 13:35:01 up 1 day, 21:10, 3 users, load average: 4.16,
4.23,4.19