Re: Limitations on 7.0.3? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Limitations on 7.0.3?
Date
List pgsql-general
ARTEAGA Jose wrote:
> I have been using postgres 7.0.3 (Solaris 2.9) for the past 4 years
> without any major problems, until about a month ago. We are now
> experiencing crashes on the backend (connection lost to backend) while
> running queries (inserts, etc). Anyway I don't want to make this too
> technical but I'd just like to understand if maybe I'm running into some
> sort of limit on the size of the database. My biggest table is currently
> at 1.5B tuples.
>
> Would appreciate if anyone could let me know or is aware of any limits
> with 7.0 version.

I don't remember any specific size limitations on the 7.0 series. For
more detailed help you'll have to provide some specific error messages.

Is there any chance you could move to a more recent version in the near
future? You'll get much better support with a more recent version
(there's just that many more users). You should also notice some
substantial performance improvements compared to 7.0.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd