Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ned Lilly
Subject Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 5/16/2007 12:43 PM Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> As someone who has made a ton of money making Drupal work with
>>> PostgreSQL, I would note that Durpal is not fast on PostgreSQL out of
>>> the box. It needs help to get there.
>>>
>>> I don't know that they would be happy unless they had someone with Pg
>>> experience helping them.
>>
>> Is it the drupal code itself that's the issue or just a matter of tuning
>> PostgreSQL?
>

> I should note however, that with the investment, we have shown that
> Drupal on PostgreSQL kicks the pants off MySQL with Drupal :)

I'll second the general sentiment, if not specific benchmarks - we've got openmfg.org running on Drupal/PostgreSQL, and
havebeen very happy.  Would love to see more PostgreSQL focus in the project - Josh, is there anything we can do to
help?