Re: Event Spam..??? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Chander Ganesan
Subject Re: Event Spam..???
Date
List pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote: <blockquote cite="mid4644C90F.2010609@postgresql.org" type="cite"><pre wrap="">Joshua D. Drake wrote:
stateswhere companies are registered as

corporations...   Such information is freely available, and it could be
required that companies provide a link to their articles of
incorporation in the states where they provide training - easy to check

Well, yes - I think that's a given.
moreimportantly, how

*widely*. We'd want to list courses running in every state, even if they
were all the same company.

Charging would almost certainly cause us problems given our financial
status. I suspect we could 'solicit donations', but that would obviously
higherup the page

Listings move up the page in chronological order so that the closest
events are at the top. Ordering the page based on the donation given
would make it horrendous to use for the people that actually might want
training. </pre></blockquote> There is a good medium - charge (donate) for front page spaces (and just divide the
donationamount by the time until the course and give the highest ratio the best spots) and leave the "training event"
pagein chronological order (or do a google and put the "sponsored" ones at the top in a different color, etc).<br
/><blockquotecite="mid4644C90F.2010609@postgresql.org" type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><blockquote type="cite"><pre
wrap="">Limitingto the states in which companies are registered is a nonsense

as well - what about a company in Japan? How do we check them? Or what
about EnterpriseDB UK Ltd for example who cover the whole EMEA region -
would they (== we in case you didn't realise I work for them) be
restricted to listing courses in England because that's where we're
registered?
class="moz-signature"cols="72">Chander Ganesan

Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
Phone: 877-258-8987/919-463-0999</pre>