Re: Enable integer datetimes by default - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Enable integer datetimes by default
Date
Re: Enable integer datetimes by default  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-patches

Neil Conway wrote:
> Attached is a patch that enables integer datetimes by default, per
> recent discussion on -hackers. It makes "--enable-integer-datetimes" the
> default, and documents the "--disable-integer-datetimes" configure
> option as a means to get the previous default behavior.
>
> Barring any objections, I'll apply this to HEAD tomorrow.

I object to the short notice. I think we need to give people a chance to
adjust their configs, especially on the buildfarm, where those who have
currently simply removed the --enable-integer-datetimes setting will
need to adjust their configs.

Once there is agreement I think we should at the very least give those
people a few days to adjust.

cheers

andrew