Re: FUD!! ODBC will not be supported by Microsoft in the future - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From
Subject Re: FUD!! ODBC will not be supported by Microsoft in the future
Date
List pgsql-odbc
> * Steve Lutz (slutz@alacritude.com) wrote:
>> Yes, can you please be more specific, what problems have you had with
>> it? We are in the process of moving from Oracle on Sun to Postgres on
>> Linux with front end windows machines. What problems have you had with
>> the Postgres ODBC drivers on Windows?
>
> Try opening a big table.

That is not a PostgreSQL ODBC issue. There is a setting, I forget the
name, that enables a cursor in the query.

On a side not, you will be hard pressed to find a commercial ODBC
application, i.e. Access, that can handle large tables.

For what its worth, I use the PGODBC driver to create an index of tables
with Millions of rows.