Re: tsearch2: plainto_tsquery() with OR? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tsearch2: plainto_tsquery() with OR?
Date
List pgsql-general
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Tom Lane wrote:
>> ... behavior that people want is "here's some words, get me a weighted
>> result", and if the weighting improves from time to time that's OK.
>> We need to provide that API too.

> I think I understand. It's called non-exact (approximate) matching,

Right, exactly.  I don't claim that we have a perfect solution for
approximate matching; we don't.  But I think we should provide an
API function that is defined to do approximate matching, with the
understanding that the details of its behavior will change (for the
better hopefully) from release to release.  The first version might
not be very good, but we can improve it.

            regards, tom lane