Re: Can Postgresql be ported to a device with no OS and simple file I/O and memory management? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Walter Vaughan
Subject Re: Can Postgresql be ported to a device with no OS and simple file I/O and memory management?
Date
List pgsql-general
Raymond Hurst wrote:

> I have a requirement of incorporating a database in a hard disk drive.

Well, back in the day there was a man called Dick Pick. The US Goverment had the
same request. They wanted a database incorporated into a hard disk drive, and
that's what they got. An operating system and database in one, on the hard
drive. Damn good database, still in use all over the world. IBM even distributes
2 versions today.

I don't think that's what our good friends at Western Digital are asking about.
I'm guessing that you are looking for some sort of database that you can embed
in the drive controller logic, and would postgreSQL work in that environment?

Is that the question?

--
Walter