Re: Patch queue concern - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Carlo Florendo
Subject Re: Patch queue concern
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark wrote:

> In any case I think Simon and you have fallen into the trap of thinking of
> development as a single-person project. Most developers here, especially
> first-time contributors, don't just work in the dark on their own and turn up
> with a finished patch. They have questions and need help in areas. If you
> insist on a "finished" patch before you even consider reviewing their work
> it's not going to work.

This isn't about "finished" patches.  It's about "commit-worthy" patches,
and since the term is very subjective, there has to be some way for an
arbiter to be able to say that such a patch is worth committing.  And I
think the arbiter should not come from any of the two opposing sides with
diametrically opposed claims or opinions.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Carlo

--
Carlo Florendo
Softare Engineer/Network Co-Administrator

--
The Astra Group of Companies
5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City