Re: Synchronized Scan update - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Synchronized Scan update
Date
List pgsql-hackers

>> (2) sync_scan_offset: Start a new scan this many pages before a
>> currently running scan to take advantage of the pages
>>  that are likely already in cache.
>>

> I'm somewhat dubious about this parameter, I have to say, even though I
> am eager for this feature. It seems like a "magic" parameter that works
> only when we have the right knowledge to set it correctly.

Hello,

Don't get me wrong, I want things to be easily understandable as well
but the reason you site above pretty much
makes us need to remove most of the postgresql.conf, including all
bgwriter, vacuum cost delay, and autovac settings.
Not to mention commit delay and others ;).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake