Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: COMMIT NOWAIT Performance Option
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> 2. We have to accept that not everyone wants IRON clad data integrity.
> We have many, many options for dealing with that now, including PITR and
> REPLICATION.

100% agreed - our own stats collector is extremely similar (in that it
may drop data under high load) to a system I designed a few years back
which collected stats from snmp devices and windows boxes via WMI on a
regular basis. We didn't care if we lost a few values here and there for
that data and would happily have taken the riskier but higher
performance option had we needed to (and had we ever got round to ever
actually building the system!).

I do agree that some benchmarks are appropriate though.

Regards, Dave