Re: SCMS question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Markus Schiltknecht
Subject Re: SCMS question
Date
Re: SCMS question  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

mark@mark.mielke.cc wrote:
> I'll have to try kdiff3 - but the "merge" command, although it often works,
> I strongly dislike when it marks up the lines as "there was a conflict here"
> and gives you three files in the directory to choose to start from. This is
> far too manual, which invites mistakes.

Agreed that this is somewhat annoying, but hey, it's a command line
tool. How else would you solve displaying conflicts?

> If kdiff3 is more like the ClearCase
> graphical merge utility, I would far prefer that. Can you say "I want change
> 2 followed by change 3" with checkboxes, a live final version to view, and
> the ability to manually type or adjust lines in the final version to view?

Yup. That's possible. And much much more... ;-)  (I don't know the
ClearCase tool, so I can't really offer a comparison, sorry.)

Others you might want to try:
 - meld (in python, IMO worse than kdiff3) - xxdiff (I've never really used that one, but other monotone hackers
seem to like it as well)

Regards

Markus