Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: SCMS question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: SCMS question
Date
Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: SCMS question  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Markus Schiltknecht wrote:

> Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
>>   1. Do you want to stay with CVS or do you want to move to something
>>      else?
>
> Most PostgreSQL developers currently want to stay with CVS. Only some
> desperate souls including myself are fiddling with other VCSes.

I really don't think this is a correct characterisation. What is true, I
think, is that many remain to be convinced that the benefits of any
proposed change outweigh the likely pain, and I suspect many are also
uncertain about what's happening in the SCM space and prefer to wait
until the dust settles some.

It's also fair to say that this is a subject about which we usually get
much more noise from partisans of other SCM systems than from the
relatively small number of people who actually have to maintain the
postgresql code. (As Tom has pointed out, our biggest pain point is the
occasional wish to move things across directories.)

cheers

andrew