Re: postgresql vs mysql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Tassonis
Subject Re: postgresql vs mysql
Date
List pgsql-general
Ron Johnson wrote:

> My definition is, "toy used/trumpeted by pseudo-professionals as a
> professional tool, when it just doesn't measure up".

Boah, here surely speaks a true professional playing in the league of
Donald Knuth or even Alan Kay, as opposed to all the pseudos like me out
there.

Is it Assembler or Smalltalk you write your web pages with?

PHP absolutely is a professional tool as a scripting language, of course
with all the downsides of any scripting language. I'll choose php over
Perl any day, as it is syntactically much cleaner and performs
sufficiently well for usual scripting needs.

Of course, I wouldn't write an operating system with it.

Tim