Re: postgresql 8.2 Installation error at "gmake" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Emi Lu
Subject Re: postgresql 8.2 Installation error at "gmake"
Date
Re: postgresql 8.2 Installation error at "gmake"  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello,

>> Tried to install 8.2, configuration passed, but when running "gmake",
>> got the following error, any clues?
>
> Please provide more details -- what operating system is this?

i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 3.3.2

>> Step1
>> ========
>> ./configure --prefix=/local/postgresql --datadir=/postgreSQL_data
>> --without-docdir --without-readline --disable-spinlocks --without-zlib
>
> Please note that --datadir does not do what you seem to think.  Remove
> it, because it's going to cause other problems further on.  Also, if you
> need --disable-spinlocks, your installation is not going to perform very
> well; did you try without that?

I am not super user for this Linux OS! I can only access my directories.

Specified --datadir=/postgreSQL_data
because my previous version 8.0.0 DATA was there (which is not used anymore)

I do not care the spinlocks for now.

Thanks!