Re: Stored Procedure examples - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Walter Vaughan
Subject Re: Stored Procedure examples
Date
Re: Stored Procedure examples  (Paul Lambert <paul.lambert@autoledgers.com.au>)
Re: Stored Procedure examples  (Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>)
List pgsql-general
Vladimir Zelinski wrote:

> I'm struggling to create a stored procedure. I
> searched on Internet for several hours trying to find
> a simple example, but didn't find anything. I saw
> dozens of questions how to create a procedure without
> any responses. I searched on postgreSql site and found
> a topic "Stored Procedure Example". But actually, they
> showed how to write a function on postgreSql database.

This may not help, but I noticed using pgAdminIII, you can create a procedure or
a function, but they seem to have the same creation interface and use the same icon.

Did you try using pgAdminIII to create your procedure and see if it works any
different a creating an identical function?

I am sure others will chime in with reasons why you haven't found any stored
procedure examples. My sad guess is that in postgresSQL they may be aliases.

--
Walter