Re: PGSQL 8.2.3 Installation problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Lambert
Subject Re: PGSQL 8.2.3 Installation problem
Date
List pgsql-general
marcelo Cortez wrote:
> Magnus
>
>   I have NTFS only , i don't have FAT partitions at
> all.
>  But the problem is not resolved.
>  The install fail at create cluster for me.
>  I set all permisions for user postgres.
>
>  Binary manual installation .. make sense   i try .
>  It has any  manual/instructions/links for that?
>
> Best regards
>  MDC

Have you run the setup with the 'write detailed installation log to
postgresql-8.2.log in the current directory' checked?

Can you paste the relevant bits of that log (which you can find in the
same directory as the installation file) into a message so more educated
persons can take a look?

If it's a file system problem, I'd also suggest going to
http://www.sysinternals.com to their file and disk utilities, download
ntfilemon and run it to monitor file activity (HINT: Set the filter to
include only *postgres*, otherwise you will be flooded with information
relating to file system access from everything else on your server - and
turn on advanced output) that may show you more information about what
the error was from the file system point of view.

--
Paul Lambert
Database Administrator