Re: \prompt for psql - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: \prompt for psql
Date
List pgsql-patches
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> That also requires a "reasonable shell", which all platforms don't
>> have...
>
> I think doing any sort of reasonable scripting around psql requires a
> reasonable shell.  Or next someone will suggest implementing loops and
> conditionals in psql.

... Now that you mention it :)

psql is a shell. It is the postgresql shell. I don't see any problem
with continuing to extend the postgresql shell to a more functional
platform that is independent.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/