Re: About PostgreSQL certification - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chander Ganesan
Subject Re: About PostgreSQL certification
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote: <blockquote cite="mid45B6914B.2040503@commandprompt.com" type="cite"><blockquote
type="cite"><prewrap="">To cure the shortage of experienced Postgres folks there is only one

solution - err, more experience! So the need is for good training
courses (not necessarily certification and all the IMHO nonsense that
comes with that), and a willingness on the part of employers to invest
You know its funny. Command Prompt, OTG-Inc, SRA and Big Nerd Ranch
*all* offer training.

Last I checked, OTG had to cancel classes because of lack of demand
(please verify Chander). </pre></blockquote> We tried to offer classes in Santa Clara, CA (and may do so again), but
didn'thave sufficient demand to run them.  There were 2 people that had expressed interest in that class.  However, I
willsay that in 2006 that was the only class we canceled (keep in mind though, that we run courses at our headquarters
*regardless*of the number of students enrolled - it's our policy to not cancel classes here...)  <br /><br /> On
anothernote, I will say that we're doing well enough to support the project through SPI...<br /><blockquote
cite="mid45B6914B.2040503@commandprompt.com"type="cite"><pre wrap="">

Command Prompt currently only trains corps with 12+ people per class so
we are a bit different.

Sinerely,

Chander Ganesan
The Open Technology Group