Re: I "might" have found a bug on 8.2.1 win32 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony Caduto
Subject Re: I "might" have found a bug on 8.2.1 win32
Date
Re: I "might" have found a bug on 8.2.1 win32  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general

> Question, I hope stupid, postgres user HAS a password right?

Yes, it has a password, I set the password from the installer, and I
even reset it after the install was complete.
I just tried this from the command line and it let me right in:

psql template1 -U postgres

Didn't ask for a password or anything, and the localhost entry in
pg_hba.conf is also set for md5.

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design