Re: [pgsql-patches] Patch to avoid gprof profilingoverwrites - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: [pgsql-patches] Patch to avoid gprof profilingoverwrites
Date
Re: [pgsql-patches] Patch to avoid gprof profilingoverwrites  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
korryd@enterprisedb.com wrote:
>> The name for the define variable could perhaps be better - feels silly
>> adding -DLINUX_PROFILE on Freebsd! (maybe just PROFILE or GPROF_PROFILE?).
>
> That wasn't my choice, there is other code elsewhere that depends on
> that symbol, I just added a little bit more.

Right - but LINUX_PROFILE was added to correct Linux specific oddities
with the time counter accumulation, whereas your patch is not Linux
specific at all. So I think a more representative symbol is required.

Cheers

Mark