failed archive command - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Lester
Subject failed archive command
Date
Re: failed archive command  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
List pgsql-general
I'm trying to setup wal archiving to a secondary computer on OSX 10.6.5 using postgres 9.0.3.

Here are my settings in postgresql.conf on the primary box:

wal_level = archive
archive_mode = on
max_wal_senders = 1
archive_command = '/usr/bin/scp -B /Volumes/DataDrive/data/%p
postgres@172.20.204.55:/Volumes/DataDrive/wals_from_master/%f'

The problem is that I keep getting the following message over and over again in the postgres log:

FATAL:  archive command failed with exit code 255
DETAIL:  The failed archive command was: /usr/bin/scp -B /Volumes/DataDrive/data/pg_xlog/000000010000007400000086
postgres@172.20.204.55:/Volumes/DataDrive/wals_from_master/000000010000007400000086
LOG:  archiver process (PID 17771) exited with exit code 1
unknown user 502

The archive command works if I copy and paste it into the Terminal under the postgres user. Any pointers as to what I'm
doingwrong? Thanks.