Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL on Slashdot - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL on Slashdot
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Brian Hurt wrote:
> Jeffrey Webster wrote:
>
>> Anyone read this?  Thoughts?
>>
>> Doesn't seem all that unbiased to me.  I don't recommend posting to
>> their thread, since it would be a holy war.  But it's interesting to
>> read people's thoughts about what's important in a database.  i.e.
>> speed rules over data integrity.
>>
> It's comparing Postgres 7.2 (seriously ancient) vr.s MySql 5.0
> (modern).  It's also 2+ years old.

Yeah, despite the fact that it acknowledges that 8.0 exists (or would
have done shortly).

The comment that made me chuckle though was:

Oracle has an expert named Tom - asktom.oracle.com - who is a genius and
answers all my questions. Postgres has an expert, also named Tom, who is
a genius and answers all my questions on the newsgroup.

  -Angvaw

Regards, Dave.