Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL on Slashdot - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Brian Hurt
Subject Re: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL on Slashdot
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Jeffrey Webster wrote:

> Anyone read this?  Thoughts?
>
> Doesn't seem all that unbiased to me.  I don't recommend posting to
> their thread, since it would be a holy war.  But it's interesting to
> read people's thoughts about what's important in a database.  i.e.
> speed rules over data integrity.

It's comparing Postgres 7.2 (seriously ancient) vr.s MySql 5.0
(modern).  It's also 2+ years old.

I don't generally bother to read the comments on /. anymore ("In Soviet
Russia, the comments read you!"), but I did in this case.  What's
interesting is, at least when I read them, all the comments that had
been modded up to at least +3 where pro-postgres and/or ripping this
article a new one.

Brian