Re: [CORE] Please check text of community announcement ASAP - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [CORE] Please check text of community announcement ASAP
Date
List pgsql-www
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Tom,
>
>>> -- Average 20% overall performance improvement
>>
>> Hmm, do we have any numbers backing that up?  Some things improved much
>> more than that, some not at all, so I'm kinda wondering where "20%
>> overall"
>> came from.  If you're basing that on one specific benchmark you oughta
>> say which one.
>
> TPCC scores, according to Unisys, and the Tweakers.net benchmark.  The
> actual press release is more specific.  The idea was for the community
> announcement to be brief.
>
> So:
> Higher performance (+20% in OLTP benchmarks)

Do we actually know what Tweakers are doing? Their graphs and articles
seem very good n'all, but the best I've been able to ascertain is that
it's some in-house benchmark based on their own (99% read only?)
website. Not that that's a bad thing, just not exactly OLTP...

Regards, Dave.