Re: [CORE] Please check text of community announcement ASAP - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [CORE] Please check text of community announcement ASAP
Date
List pgsql-www
Tom,

>> -- Average 20% overall performance improvement
>
> Hmm, do we have any numbers backing that up?  Some things improved much
> more than that, some not at all, so I'm kinda wondering where "20% overall"
> came from.  If you're basing that on one specific benchmark you oughta
> say which one.

TPCC scores, according to Unisys, and the Tweakers.net benchmark.  The
actual press release is more specific.  The idea was for the community
announcement to be brief.

So:
Higher performance (+20% in OLTP benchmarks)

>> -- Warm standby databases
>
> I think we could do that already, it just didn't work as smoothly.
> Maybe "Better support for warm standby databases" would be better.

Ok, "improved"

--Josh