Re: Collateral for LISA 06 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Mike Ellsworth
Subject Re: Collateral for LISA 06
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

> Mike Ellsworth wrote:
>
>> We'll have 2 pdf's ready (for comment) --- probably end of day
>> tomorrow. - #1 will be an 8.5" x 11" --- which is meant to be printed
>> in full color, 2-sided and trifolded.  Designed to be a brief
>> overview and printed in full color.  Cover is done.  Content in-progress.
>>
>> - #2 will be 11" x 17", 2 sheets, 8 impressions (8.5x 11),
>> centerfolded and stitched, so that finished size would be similar to
>> a magazine.
>>
>> Designed to provide:
>> a)  Complete, organized detail of changess 8.1 --> 8.2
>> b)  Something for detail oriented people to read as they eagerly
>> await the opportunity to actually speak to Josh Berkus.  Content and
>> layout are done.  Cover is in-progress.  Can be either color or B&W.
>> B&W should be adequate for its intended purpose.
>>
>> So -- question is --- when we are done, where do we put it/email it?
>> Probably be ~ 2 meg total, maybe less.
>

> I'd like a copies if possible.  I work for a publishing company with
> printing capabilities including stitching and folding.  I'd like to
> see what we could do with these.
>
> Any preferences on paper weight etc?
>

> Rod

Kind of a short fuse as LISA is just around the corner -- and Josh
indicated he was just going to get them run at Kinko's.  He probably
needs all within the next few days.

I'm sure after this conference, he'd welcome any help.  Brochures aren't
really our "thing" and we were just trying to help with a short term
need. So in the future -- feel free to hop in or - take over .  I'm sure
your capabilities exceed ours.  When this is complete (with edits), I'll
forward to you or post a link as applicable.