Re: Open source databases '60 per cent cheaper' - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Markus Schiltknecht
Subject Re: Open source databases '60 per cent cheaper'
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> PostgreSQL doesn't ship a integrated replication solution, BECAUSE not
> any one replication solution can fit the need.

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Please do not mix cause and effect: no replication solution got into
core because none fit all the needs. It's not that we have a policy
stating that we don't want any replication solution in core. What could
possibly be the reasons for such a policy?

Regards

Markus